Graduate Sales ExecutiveAre you a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career within a sales environment? Whether you have a couple of year's experience...
Sales Support Officer - UK & Ireland
We are currently recruiting for the position of Sales Support Officer - UK & Ireland, based in Southampton, UK.
Purpose of the role
- Interact with all customers, accept and handle all their booking requirements and freight rate requests
- Drive development of business generation and retention.
- Follow up on and comply with performance targets (KPI's) ensuring high quality customer service
- Targeted and focused follow-up on quotations to secure business at the best possible rate
- Ensure follow up on Customer Satisfaction within set framework
The role reports to the Manager - Sales Support UK & Ireland
The role will interact with Sales teams, Pricing, Legal, Trade, Documentation and Operations
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Arrange bookings for all commodities/customers within our in-house booking systems
- Arrange all liner freight quotations.
- Drive sales growth in the most cost-efficient way
- Comply with the export/import process as well as legal policy and regulations within the Sales Support activities
- Targeted follow up on quotes to secure the right cargo at the best possible rate
- Follow up with sales targets/quotes to ensure new profitable business
- Continue high value relationships with current customer base
- Be an integral part of a self-motivated Sales Support organisation contributing to the development of the company and brands
- Ensure and follow up on Customer Satisfaction within the set framework
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Generate interest, qualifying prospects and closing new sales
- Dialogue with Trade for overall space situations and potential challenges, finding solutions for Customers
- Close collaboration with export areas on reverse sales/Import Business
- Support of the documentation process and activities when required by local customers
- Customer Satisfaction
- Delivering on performance KPIs.
- Business retention and acquisition
- Compliance with respect to process, policies, procedures and instructions
- Legal compliance within the Sales Support and Customer Care activities
- Cost efficiency within the Sales Support and Customer Care activities
Main Qualifications (skills, competence, and behaviour)
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate effectively with team members
- Relevant shipping, transportation or logistics industry experience
- A sense of urgency and display flexibility to meet changing priorities and business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a Sales Support organisation.
- Results and growth driven.
- Flexible, adaptable and collaborative- ability to foster an agile working environment.
- Good ability to identify opportunities, based on customer's need and requirements
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving and analysis
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and numeracy skills: ability to interpret figures correctly
- Strong customer focus/Customer Care mindset
- Strategic and open minded thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy: profound MS Office knowledge and quick learner of business applications
- Ability to understand, accept and enjoy cultural differences
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (plus all UK Bank and Public holidays)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Car parking
- Discounted gym membership
- 37.5 hour working week, Monday to Friday (09:00 - 17:30)
If this position is of interest please press the apply button below.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.