Tate are working with a leading public sector organisation to recruit a Cash Management Assistant to join their busy team within the centre of Exeter....
Tate are working with a leading Public sector organisation to recruit an Accounts Receivable Team leader for an interim assignment in Exeter City Centre
The main duties of the post holder will be to manage the provision of invoicing and credit control services and participate in daily cash flow monitoring. Reporting to the Manager, the post holder will work within the Cash Management Team to ensure the department provides an efficient and effective service
Key responsibilities and Duites
- Provide a source of expertise to members of the Accounts Receivable Team and the wider Cash Management in the resolution of day to day queries, and the methods and processes of routine tasks and procedures.
- Advise and assist Trust employees on the methods and procedures associated or affecting invoicing and credit control operations for the Trust.
- Supervise and monitor the compilation of reports, for information and statistical purposes.
- Lead the Accounts Receivable Team, ensuring debtors are recovered in an effective and professional manner, including the use of collection agency or legal action as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with Standing Financial Instructions, specified controls and agreed systems of internal check.
- Responsible for leading the Accounts Receivable Team, in recovering receivables in line with credit terms and in raising invoices accurately and promptly in line with internal guidelines.
- Manage and supervise the reconciliation of allocated control accounts to the General Ledger in accordance with the prevailing timetable and accepted criteria.
- Manage the external debt collection agency ledger, including logging new cases, agreeing payment plans, responding to enquiries, and keeping full records of all cases.
- Manage the bad debt provision process to include writing off bad debts, raising invoices where a risk share agreement is in place, bad debt reporting and reconciliation of the control account, in line with procedures and protocols.
- Understand and participate in the preparation and monitoring of the daily and monthly cash flow mechanisms.
- Lead, support and guide the Accounts Receivable Team in the resolution of non-routine queries, including anomalies on customer statements and arranging refunds of customer overpayments.
- Undertake personal development reviews (PDRs) and ensure members of the accounts receivable team take part in an annual PDR, in line with Trust guidelines.
- Contribute with the preparation of the year end and similar routine reporting functions and deadlines, ensuring that tasks are understood and deadlines are met, particular with regard that accurate agreement of balances process.
- Participate in any other task or projects appropriate to the grade as directed by the Department Manager.
- To take part in regular performance appraisal.
- To undertake any training required in order to maintain competency including mandatory training, e.g. manual handling.
- To contribute to and work within a safe working environment.
- The post holder is expected to comply with Trust Infection Control Policies and conduct him/herself at all times in such a manner as to minimise the risk of healthcare associated infection.
This is for an immediate start so please click apply today to be considered for the role or call 01392 432861 for more information and speak to Charlotte
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.