£23,000 - £29,000
South of central Cambridge
Are you looking to work within a collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial organisation based to the South of Cambridge city centre? If so, my Client is seeking an HR Advisor on a permanent basis to join a busy and friendly team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a world-leading scientific organisation, focused at the cutting-edge of research and development, on a global scale. This position is interviewing immediately with an ASAP start date!
Key requirements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Supporting a key area of the organisation alongside the rest of the HR team
- You will be responsible for ensuring employees and visiting workers meet UK immigration requirements in relation to Legislation
- Manage the recruitment process from advert to offer- this will include managing and supporting the Recruitment Assistant by offering guidance and advice. You will also be involved heavily in the interview process
- Act as the local expert on UK Immigration requirements overseeing the end to end process. This includes advising on the appropriate route, eligibility and application procedure to employees, visiting workers and their dependants
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and grievance matters to line managers
- Sickness absence management and monitoring
- Working alongside a shared service centre to ensure all documentation regarding SSP, SMP and staff documents are all up to date and correct
- Working collaboratively with a team of HR specialists to ensure the smooth running of the HR department and collectively, the staff of approx 600.
Ideal candidate Specification:
- It is essential that you hold CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills, ability to empathise with excellent listening skills
- Up to date with employment legislation
- Experience working within a similar HR role and good working knowledge of UK Immigration laws
- Exposure to having worked on employee relations case-work, performance management and sickness absence monitoring procedures
- Solutions-focused, patient and diplomatic
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then please do not delay in applying! Alternatively call Julie on 01223 324433 if you have any further questions.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.