We have a great opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our clients team based on the outskirts of Exeter.
The Company operates several waste and recycling sites within Devon as well as a LGV fleet. There are 130 staff the majority of which are involved in these operations, working around plant, equipment and lorries.
You will be responsible for producing and promoting the Group Safety Strategy across our sites, providing advice and guidance, monitoring the implementation of the policies and procedures, complying with legislation and collating and monitoring RIDDOR reports. In addition you will carry out site audits and deliver training at all levels
Ideally with waste/recycling experience, you should certainly have experience of working within an industrial type operation. You should understand the importance of good safety and have experience managing accident investigations and risk assessments. The privately owned Company is expanding and developing and you would be part of that growth.
Health & Safety experience within an industrial environment.
- Qualifications: NEBOSH
- Desirable Skills: ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and H&S legislation
- Desirable: Waste Legislation and dealing with governing bodies such as the HSE
- Minimum 3 years continuous employment in front line H&S role.
- Good organisational skills and proactive.
- Enthusiastic and professional.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Superb IT Skills especially Excel Word and Powerpoint.
- A hands on approach and able to communicate up and down at all levels.
- Full UK Driving License
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Permanent
For more information call Charlotte on 01392 432861
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.