Branch Recruitment ManagerWe have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ready to take on a new challenge in Management. Tate in central Brighton is...
Research Development Officer - Temporary
To start as soon as possible for 3 - 4 months
37.5 hour week
This role is University based and will be covering some parental leave. They need someone to start as soon as possible (not on notice) to provide support for the planning, development and delivery of research and knowledge exchange activity in particular, through externally-funded projects and activities.
They are seeking a candidate to work in a proactive team, with experience in research and knowledge exchange funding and an understanding of project management concepts, experience gained ideally in UK higher education.
The role in brief:
- Research Funding - Planning and delivery of appropriate funding opportunities
- Customer Liaison and Management - Manage an agreed subset of major funder / customer relationships
- Proposal Support - Support of all research proposals and relevant services and knowledge exchange proposals Drafting of non-technical and institutional position content, and contribution to a library of templates and good practice guides
- Award Acceptance - Supporting and where appropriate leading the negotiation of successful proposals
- Activity Monitoring and Reporting
- Training and Development - Provide support to faculty through training and staff development activities such as seminars, workshops, and multi-disciplinary research events, at individual level or School-wide, e.g. Writing Grant Applications, Project Management, Master Classes, knowledge exchange, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in research and knowledge exchange funding (ideally gained in Higher Education)
- Have an understanding of project management concepts, development and review
- Have evidence of project costing and pricing
- Have used processes and systems to manage and track a portfolio of proposals
- Have ability to multi task, prioritise workload and deal with challenging deadlines
- Be numerate with experience in drafting, developing, reviewing and implementing research
- Be willing to work extra hours as necessary and able to travel for overnight stays as required
- Have ability to develop training material and give presentations
- Be proficient using Excel and competent using Word, Email, the Internet and databases.
Full specification is available. Contact esther.sapsted@tate,co,uk
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.