We are looking to recruit a commercial Management Accountant for our client based in the Epsom area.This is a role that would suit someone who...
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Provides housing, care and support services for people who want to live more independently whilst providing housing, care or support to more than 1,000 people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, physical or sensory impairments, in 32 districts in London and southern England.
- Responsible for all financial accounts and finance systems.
- Responsible for the Finance team
- To support the Director of Resources in the preparation of all external financial returns to include annual financial statements and regulatory returns.
- Day to day management of the finance team.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of Financial Accounts and Finance system.
- Manage monthly close process including all accruals and pre-payments.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Submission of regulatory returns in a timely manner
- Oversee and check the Monthly payroll before submission.
- Support the management accountant in preparation of all financial reports, budgets and monthly accounts through a timely and well managed 'close' process.
- Assisting Finance Director with financial analysis of company performance reports.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Liaise and assist managers and colleagues with financial queries relating to coding and system information input.
- Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Closely manage all balance sheet entries in particular component accounting and Revenue/Asset split of maintenance costs, working closely with the Housing and Asset Management teams.
- Assist with the production of the long term business aims in accordance with the business plan.
- To maintain the rent accounting system in conjunction with Housing and Care & Support with particular focus on supporting arrears collection.
- Responsible for recording and allocation of income receipts from rents, supported services and sundry business activity.
- Supervision of all accounting records (income, expenditure, payroll, balance sheet reconciliation).
CIMA or ACCA Part Qualified ideally with housing or care experience
Knowledge & Understanding
Financial accounting and control
FRS102/Housing SORP/ Finance standards
Development funding and accounting
Supported housing funding
Regulated financial environment
Excellent communication skills
Ability to operate at a variety of levels
Able to recognise trends and influence change
Working within strict deadlines
Finance system I.T skills
Excellent excel spreadsheet skills
Strong analytical thinker
Housing Association Finance
Production and presentation of financial accounts and analysis
QL system experience
Managing and motivating team members
Good all round business acumen and an understanding of the role of the Finance Department in adding value to operational decision making.
Ability to seek first to understand and problem solve
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.