We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Junior Buyer/ Administrator to work alongside our clients Purchasing department.
The role will involve ensuring stock levels are maintained effectively by analysing sales and providing suggested orders in conjunction with the Product Managers.
As a Junior Buyer you will thrive from working at pace and balancing your focus on both the products and the commercials. You will be proactive in supporting the buying team whilst taking on ownership and responsibility.
In this particular role you will be given real opportunity to demonstrate your commercial acumen and negotiation skills. You will enjoy working in an environment that is ever changing to be able to keep ahead of the competition.
The role will involve a variety of roles and tasks.
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding organisational and administrative skills.
- Be able to prioritise work and be flexible, attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good time management.
- Be able to communicate in person and or writing with people of all levels.
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Advanced Excel skills as working with spreadsheets.
- Experience of working in a buying/admin setting for a minimum of 1 year.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment, self-motivated, ability to work to deadlines and appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
The role will also involve:
- Budget tracking and analysis.
- Speaking with suppliers and arranging delivery of items.
- Negotiating quantity/ prices with suppliers.
- Raising invoices and purchase orders.
- To contribute to the delivery of the operational objectives of the Purchasing department.
- Provide detailed forecasting sheets.
- Revaluation of stock as required.
- Review back orders and include into suggested orders.
- Process stock transfer.
- Chase supplier ETA's and update orders.
- Constantly review re-orders levels and ordering patterns.
- Setting up new products.
- Process all sample requests.
- Provide a weekly update to the Purchasing Manager.
- Arrange new supplier set up, including all documentation.
Hours of work: Approximately 7.5 per day, 5 days a week.
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.