Directors Executive Assistant & Financial Controller
£25,000 - £30,000 depending upon experience
Our client in Derby are currently recruiting for a motivated and professional Directors Executive Assistant & Financial Controller. The role is focused on two responsibilities including supporting the Director of the company working as an efficient PA alongside managing company finances. Whilst both roles are largely separate, both require similar personal qualities, transferable skills and levels of competence and together form a varied and rewarding role with exposure to all parts of the company.
Director Executive Assistant duties:
- Weekly meeting to review aged debtors, current management projects and other delegated tasks, action tasks from directors meetings, monitor and manage emails
- Recruitment; write job descriptions and advertise using various methods, arrange interviews, shortlist CVs and job applications, liaise with recruitment agencies
- Meeting support; assist with organisation of meeting agendas, write minutes and action items
- HR; raise employment contracts, process monthly reports & update holidays/sickness
- Health & Safety responsibilities; follow up audit action items and implement new processes where applicable, oversee premises health & safety monitoring for two sites
- EA projects; support and co-ordination by rolling out new company system including liaison with software providers, regular team updates and weekly support on team tasks, regulation research, review effects on current processes, implement process to ensure compliance, liaison with legal sector and fit out companies, obtain prices on furniture options, assist with managing refurb project
- Vehicle management, canteen management by weekly orders online
Financial Controller duties:
- Finance department overview; produce monthly accounts schedule confirming deadline dates for all accounts tasks carried out by Finance, Contracts & Service teams, Book keeper and accountants. Liaise with Book keeper to answer queries, manage schedule and provide input where needed e.g. obtaining copy receipts, reconciling accounts etc., complete draft monthly accounts headlines by 5th each month - set up monthly finance meeting sheet, collate reports from teams and input figures
- Line management; assist accounts assistant with weekly and monthly planning in line with the monthly accounts schedule and deadlines, arrange regular 1 to 1 meetings to review performance, discuss challenges and areas for improvement
- Credit control
- Overheads purchase invoices - review batch of overhead invoices and authorise for payment. Query any invoices with suppliers where necessary and put on hold
This is a diverse and exciting permanent position for a well-established organisation. There are some great incentives to become a valuable and successful employee in this business such as two days off at weekends, a generous bonus structure and car parking on site is available. An excellent opportunity to contribute your positive work ethics to a professional team and make a difference.
To apply for this role please click on the below link, or contact Hannah Rogers/Verity Hampson-Smith. /
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.