We are recruiting for a Receptionist for our well established client. The main element of the role will be working on Reception but they will need to assist with Team Assistant responsibilities as required.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail. Someone with a tidy and professional appearance and a polite and professional manner. Previous office or reception experience is essential. Someone with a basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
Hours are 9:30 - 5:30, however there is a strict requirement for flexibility both at the beginning of the day to cover breakfast seminars, reception sickness etc., and at the end of the day to cover evening marketing events.
Salary is up to £18,500 depending on experience.
The successful candidates responsibilities are as follows:
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and re-directing to the appropriate Partner or employee
- Taking accurate, clear telephone messages and passing on to the relevant person in a timely fashion
- Greeting clients, showing them to meeting rooms and offering beverages
- Dealing with deliveries
- Responsibility for keeping an accurate record of meeting room bookings.
- Ensuring that the necessary catering and presentational facilities are provided for each room booking
- Ensuring that the meeting room(s) are cleared after use
- Responsible for setting up telephone and video conference calls
- Maintaining the Reception area to ensure that it is always smart, professional looking and tidy
- Ensuing that all newspapers and marketing materials are current
- Manage seminars - ordering food, equipment, badges etc.
- Mange catering and stationery stocks
- Make travel arrangements and bookings
- Assist Post Room and/or the PA's with admin and basic typing tasks as required
- Working as an integral part of the fee earner support team
- Exceptional client service skills
- Filing and file management, including file opening and closing
- Assisting at internal and external seminars
- Assisting with the billing process and billing drive
- Producing and engrossing documents
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Obtaining official copy documents from various local authorities and other third party search providers
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Maintaining filing and document management systems
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Scanning, photocopying, printing and filing
- Ad hoc administrative duties where required
- Provide support and cover for administrative staff and assist other departments as required
- Assisting with incoming/outgoing post duties
This list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the needs of the business
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to use initiative
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Flexibility and commitment
- An ability to operate autonomously and/or with minimum supervision
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A willingness to learn
- A self-starter
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Common sense
- Strong customer focus
- Good humour
- Polite and professional manner
- Tidy and professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to learn new/upgrade existing IT skills through training provided
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.