We are proud to be working with a leading global company based in central Cambridge who are looking for great talent to join their Facilities...
Materials & Procurement Manager
<45k Full Time on Experience
We are now working with a Basingstoke based client to recruit a Materials and Procurement manager to work within a family run engineering business. This is a busy and technical role and we are therefore looking for someone with technical experience or a technical qualification in engineering or similar.
Purpose of Role: To lead all purchasing and stock management activities inclusive of:
- Quoting clients on technical specifications
- Acknowledging Client Sales orders and advising on components
- Managing relationships with suppliers, bringing on new suppliers etc.
- Controlling the purchase of tools for building
- Updating business stock control spreadsheet, sharing this with the business, stock control and governance of data
- Manage and reduce supplier costs as well as managing supplier performance
- Reduce inventory, improve procedures and hold accountability for buffer and storage stock
Due to the technical nature of this purchasing role, we are looking for someone with an engineering, electronics or components background as some parts purchased will have multiple uses and it is important for the successful person to be able to gain an understanding quickly to be able to understand client builds and advice where appropriate.
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please apply today!
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.