Opportunity to work for a super business who value and retain their staff. Convenient location from Bedford, Hitchin and the A1m. This Payroll and Benefits...
Category Buyer - IT, Show & Multi Media
The Category Buyer is responsible for ordering, processing and following up orders in line with operational and new build and office requirements
The Category Buyer is also responsible for supporting the Procurement Category Specialist on strategies for the purchasing, planning, supply and logistics of all related procurement category projects ensuring the best possible option for the Company in terms of product quality, provisioning, cost and overall standards ensuring project timeline adherence and delivery.
Scope of the Role:
Directly reporting to the Procurement Director, with a functional reporting line into the Category Specialist, the Category Buyer will be based in the London office and will be responsible for:
- Managing the order process through in house systems (MMS and / or Navision) for all IT items for operational, new build and office requirements
- Supporting the implementation of the Procurement E-Platform (PEP) for IT and Show & Multi Media bidding activities
- Managing and reporting of procurement project activity, ensuring clear visibility of status and milestones.
- Analysis of spend data through dashboard reporting.
- Supplier and supply chain development ensuring best practice solutions on an ongoing basis
- Negotiating with external providers in order to obtain the most cost effective agreement for products and services on time and to the agreed specification
Support the procurement plan for all operational requirements for IT and Show & Multimedia to ensure all procurement activities are executed and delivered in a timely manner.
Main activities include:
- Inputting, managing and tracking purchase orders through in house systems (MMS and / or Navision)
- Supporting purchasing/planning/supply/logistics procedures while respecting local laws;
- Carry out purchasing bids, including supporting sourcing strategies ensuring optimal terms;
- Day to Day management of orders through liaising with the IT department, obtaining quotations, raising orders in line with requisitions and expediting
- Liaises with departments to carry out common actions and achieve common goals, in order to provide an excellence of service, while achieving procurement targets. Main activities include:
- Understanding the specific requests needed for each department
- Researching suppliers that can deliver the right product on time and within budget
- Support the department with knowledge and knowhow on procurement best practice, similar markets and further afield.
- Support tracking of the procurement budget for all new projects in order to ensure budget adherence throughout the project. Main activities include:
- Support the ongoing development of a budget tracking system which captures all spend analysis and monitors ontime performance of all tasks to ensure timely delivery of products and services
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience within a similar role is a must
- Ordering using Procurement systems
- Procurement analysis
Education & Training:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or IT (additional professional certificate is considered as a plus)
- Certification from (or working towards) Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) (preferred but not essential)
Skills & Competences:
- Fluent English (Knowledge of a second European language is preferred but not essential);
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experienced user of IT Systems (MMS / Navision experience is preferred)
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- International trading awareness and management, such as import / export management, INCO terms etc
- Knowledge of IT and technology categories
- PC literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, such as vlookup, pivot tables etc (Essential)
Ability to support change management
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.