Junior Bid Manager position within one of the UKs leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability based in the City....
Junior Bid Manager position within one of the UKs leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability based in the City. The role is an immediate start and offers a salary of £32,000- £35,000 per annum on a permanent basis.Working within a team comprising of some of the most talented people in the industry, you will work on exciting and complex projects in a highly competitive environment delivering excellence by winning interesting, sustainable and profitable work. They are seeking a dynamic Junior Bid Manager (BM) to take a central role in the business, helping to keep their bid effort focused and optimizing the performance of their bid and opportunity pursuit teams. The role requires someone with the optimum mix of independence, creativity and innovation, combined with a natural ability to motivate, coordinate and apply commercial rigour.Responsibilities will include:
- Managing opportunities from pre-qualification through to contract award
- Working closely with our in-house teams - Business Development and Marketing teams
- Preparing winning bids and taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process
- Assembling bid teams with the relevant service / product / business knowledge
- Their ISO90001-certified management system includes a bidding procedure, and you will ensure compliance with this, looking for ways to improve and stream line processes where there is the opportunity
- Identifying the value proposition / bid strategy
- Developing the solution commercial considerations
- Identifying partners to fill skill gaps
- Risk management
- Introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes
Successful candidate will ideally have:
- 2-3 years bid management experience
- A background in the built environment, sustainability, design and construction
- An interest in the infrastructure or environment sectors
- Be degree educated, although if you are highly experienced then a degree may not be essential
- Be Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Foundation, Practitioner or Professional accredited or alternatively, relevant project management qualifications e.g. APM/Prince2 - Practitioner or Professional level;
- Hold a marketing qualification (e.g. CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing or Certificate in Professional Marketing)
- Be capable of delivering winning bids for consultancy services projects and frameworks
The successful candidate may also be involved in supporting other business development activities such as organising campaigns, event management, and developing business collateral, as required.An understanding of environment and town planning disciplines and their roles in sustainable project and asset management would be considered beneficial for candidates.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.