A talented, energetic and qualified financial professional is required to join a large, growing organisation as Deputy Financial Controller. The role based in a friendly,...
A talented, energetic and qualified financial professional is required to join a large, growing organisation as Deputy Financial Controller. The role based in a friendly, contemporary office in Hitchin will be a pivotal role within this organisation, directly supporting the organisations FO.
You will be joining an exciting and growing business in this new role for the organisation. This role also offers great potential career progression opportunities.
As Deputy Financial Controller you will ultimately be responsible for:
- The completion of the monthly overhead accounts, which includes:
- Managing the month end process
- Journal postings
- Account reconciliation
- Preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and management accounts
- Overseeing and supporting the employee expenses claiming and payment process
- The management and maintenance of the company fuel cards and car costs, as well as the companies fixed asset register
- The completion of digital VAT returns and reconciliation
- Ensuring compliance with UK GAAP legislation, through the establishment of best practice
- Preparation of the year-end audit files and liaising with external auditors
Our ideal Deputy Financial Controller candidate will need:
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP and VAT regulations
- A solid background in a similar position
- CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Experience in contributing to the continual development of new process and procedure in line with legislation and best practice
- Excellent knowledge pf financial process and control
- Strong organisational, project management and communications skills with great attention to detail
- Previous audit experience with the ability to train, develop, motivate and manager members of your team
Working Monday to Friday, you will be based in Hitchin within walking distance of Hitchin train station and with car parking available. You can expect to receive a salary up to £45,000 plus benefits.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2/3 working days.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.