APPRENTICESHIP OFFICER£9ph, Full Time (37.5hrs)KEY COMPETENCIES · Customer/Student Care · Planning & Organising · Managing (Time, Resources, People) · Problem SolvingMAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. To...
£9ph, Full Time (37.5hrs)
KEY COMPETENCIES · Customer/Student Care · Planning & Organising · Managing (Time, Resources, People) · Problem Solving
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To telephone apprentices as required, discuss the apprentice's progress with their employer and training provider and complete regular reviews to ensure they understand their programme and are meeting the learning requirements.
2. To update Markbook and Pro Solutions systems and file any necessary paperwork or electronic copy in archive.
3. To contribute to the comprehensive tracking system for apprentice programmes to include reviews, visits, meetings and surveys.
4. To develop an understanding of the schemes of learning for the allocated cohort of learners to enable comprehensive and clear discussions with all relevant parties.
5. To contribute to regular team meetings and report on any concerns as well as seeking advice and guidance to support engagement apprentices/employer/tutor.
6. To participate in the promotion of the apprenticeship services at internal events to include employer presentations and careers events.
7. To participate in the appraisal scheme.
8. To actively promote the equality of opportunity for staff and students at all times.
9. To undertake any other such duties and responsibilities which may fall within the purview of such a post and grade
**Please note, a full UK driving license is required in this position**
For more information please contact Ellie at Tate on 02380 270 242.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.