This busy Brighton/Hove NHS trust site need an experienced secretary to join them on a permanent basis. The role is to support two senior managers and build relationships with the extended senior team and other secretarial colleagues. This is a busy and varied post which will suit an experienced secretary and some of the opportunities they can offer are personal development, a robust admin structure, focused training, annual appraisals, monthly reviews as well as flexibility.
- Day to day supervision of administrative staff, delegation of workload
- Production of documents/letters
- Typing, data entry of information and upkeep of databases and systems as required
- participating in induction of new recruits as necessary and assistance with recruitment
- Attending regular team meetings
- To be responsible for maintaining the team's Trust policy and procedure folders as and when updated versions are available.
- To maintain and monitor electronically held clinical caseload and contact information to ensure it is up to date at all times.
- Assist with the management of the group office environment, setting the appropriate standards
- Raise orders and monitor invoices.
- To ensure care group invoices are appropriately authorised, identifying invoices that have been delegated from the Service Director to the relevant General Manager.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies for the General Manager, other key staff across the management team and maintaining supplies for the office
Ideal candidate will have:
- Fast accurate typing skills
- Audio typing/shorthand/speedwriting would be a beneficial
- Experience of supporting senior managers
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience of maintaining office systems
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Confident communication skills
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
Full specification is available
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.