An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Advisor to join a progressive HR team within a Poole based company.The responsibilities of this role will...
Senior HR Advisor
Provide first class Employee Relations (ER) advisory support, providing advice both face to face, via email and telephone to employees across the company. Using your sound employment law and case law knowledge, you are required to provide advice and coaching on all employee relations issues in accordance with the companies policy including:
- Performance Management
- Sickness Absence
- Long term ill-health capability
- Flexible working
- Family, Annual and special leave e.g. Jury service, sabbaticals etc.
- Variations to Contracts
- Equality & Diversity (Inc. harassment)
- Mediation and conciliation
- Dismissals Inc. redundancy, some other substantial reason, statutory bar, retirement, resignation, and with support from the Head of HR, COT3 and settlement agreements.
You will be required to quickly build rapport with employees and manage relationships with third parties e.g. Trade Union representatives. Advice given will balance HR best practice with a commercial business focus.
This role is primarily focussed on ER casework however you will be required to work as part of a wider HR and Recruitment team on other HR specialisms such as Recruitment, Learning & Development, Rewards & Benefits as operational needs dictate.
This role will be based at the Support Centre in Amersham.
- Comfortable and confident in providing first line advice across a broad spectrum of HR activity;
- Experience of working to multiple tight and statutory deadlines with conflicting priorities;
- Demonstrable experience of handling complex ER issues to resolution;
- Experience of the management of TUPE transfers (in and out) including provision of ELI information and consultations
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills;
- Good influencing, listening, communication, mediation and negotiation skills;
- Able to use own initiative and remain motivated when working alone, as well as part of a team;
- Customer focussed with demonstrable experience of outstanding customer service delivery;
- Effective time management;
- Resilient and able to work independently with little supervision;
- Ability to react to changing priorities and demands, switching task with ease;
- Able to promote and maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- Resourceful and creative in problem solving
- Versatile (able to stand in for other team members in Administration and Recruitment as may be required);
- Ability to establish trusted working relationships with a wide range of people;
- Comfortable and adept at handling difficult conversations with diplomacy and Tact;
- Ability to engage relevant stakeholders in decisions and comfortable standing up to others; and ideally, experience of delivering HR related training to a group of Line Managers.
CIPD Level 5 qualified or equivalent experience; and
Ideally an Associated Member of CIPD working towards Chartered Member
- In depth current employment law knowledge with evidence of continued professional development
- Good understanding of common HR policies and practices; and
- Ideally an understanding of the NHS
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.