My client based in the City are looking for a Finance Executive to join their rapidly expanding team. They are a start-up company, who love...
My client based in the City are looking for a Finance Executive to join their rapidly expanding team. They are a start-up company, who love forward thinking, tech-savvy and innovative individuals. They are an e-commerce company who are already winning awards, they love working with unique and independent brands. My client have numerous backers from impressive backgrounds, and this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the team. They are one of the fastest growing start-ups in the UK and are looking for candidates who want to be part of the next big thing.
If you are happy with a salary of £35,000-40,000, are available immediately, have experience within a similar role, want to work in a start-up company and are tech-savvy then I would love to hear from you!
The OpportunityI am looking for a Finance Executive to join their Business Operations team to support them primarily across their global Finance function but also with other Business Operations projects where required. More specifically.I am looking for someone who will:
- Identify areas for improvement in our finance processes and help to drive efficiency, this will include research into new technologies and supporting with implementation
- Support the team with overseas in-corporations and the subsequent management of the entities, helping us to scale globally while remaining compliant with all local laws
- Be a key part of the process for paying our retailers and correspond directly with our boutiques on certain complex statement queries
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare the month-end management accounts, this will include working across all areas of finance including journals, accruals, reconciliation, tax etc.
- Run our day-to-day finance processes such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Support with the preparation of our statutory accounts and tax returns
- Help the Finance Manager and Head of Business Operations with ad hoc queries and projects
The ideal candidate will:
- Be process-orientated, tech-savvy, adaptable and organisedBe excited about working across all aspects of finance and other areas of business operations to support the rapid growth of the company
- Be detail-orientated, thorough in their approach to working and be solutions-orientated
In terms of skills:
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles (we would consider supporting the right candidate through accounting exams)
- A minimum of 2 years' finance experience, in-house experience is beneficial but not necessary
- Intermediate level excel as a minimum
- A strong academic background
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UKs most exciting start-ups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all our products and a gift card to get something awesome for your desk
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.