Assistant Management AccountantLocation: EastleighPay: £9.31 p/hHours: 8.30am-5pm Tate has an exciting opportunity to work for a fantastic company as an Assistant Management Accountant. You will...
Assistant Management Accountant
Pay: £9.31 p/h
Tate has an exciting opportunity to work for a fantastic company as an Assistant Management Accountant. You will be in the income finance team and your primary role will be to provide accurate financial information for all income streams, as well as ensuring all chargeable work is invoiced and all the monthly management accounts accurately reflect the full income position.
We are looking for temporary candidates for these roles on an ongoing basis for up to 6 months and you MUST be available to start ASAP.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining an income register to record all income activities; logging and invoicing as appropriate and ensuring the monthly management accounts accurately reflect the full income position by performing month end income accruals.
- Ensuring governance with company processes to ensure all chargeable work has a valid approval and appropriate documentation has been received and recorded.
- Raising sales orders and maintaining ledger integrity in line with system procedures.
- Regularly analysing and reconciling the ledger to the income register to validate the reported position with Finance Managers and resolve discrepancies.
- Inform and escalate the reason and level of accrued income to assist cash management.
- Work with the Business Development, Customer Operations and Commercial Finance team to ensure procedures are adhered to and all income streams are notified to Corporate Finance and reconciled for relevant action.
- Be the contact lead for income queries; working with managers and customers to resolve any queries.
- Provide information to the financial accounting team to aid in addressing aged debts and work with them for the agreement of balances exercises.
- Liaise with the financial accounting team and VAT advisors to ensure the treatment of VAT is correctly applied to all sales orders.
- To support the implementation and changes to accounting and financial policies/procedures and reporting including profit and loss reporting.
Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 AAT Member or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an accounting role
- Experience of financial modelling techniques
- Microsoft excel to a good standard
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
If this role sounds of interest please apply or give Ellie a call on 02380 270 242!
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.