IT Procurement Category SpecialistJob Purpose The IT Procurement Specialist is responsible for the purchasing, planning, supply and logistics of all owner supply items for new...
IT Procurement Category Specialist
The IT Procurement Specialist is responsible for the purchasing, planning, supply and logistics of all owner supply items for new build projects and as well as operational requirements for the existing fleet (and offices) ensuring the best possible options for the Company in terms of product quality, provisioning, cost and overall standards ensuring project timeline adherence and delivery.
- Working to Procedures and Policies procure IT goods and services for new build and rest of fleet requirements
- Source the best players in the market by identifying the right products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality, providing clear comparisons and analysis for the best quality/price choice
- Working with the IT department, establish a holistic category plan with specific sub-category planning to achieve wider department objectives
- Ensures that goods and services are delivered in a timely manner and that the quality is as required
- Working with the IT department, establish framework agreements with key suppliers
- Negotiate with external providers to obtain the best commercial agreement, including preferential payment and INCO terms
- Working with operational departments, constantly review stock and expected deliveries to ensure that optimum arrangements are in place without a negative impact on the operation
- Support department owners and Procurement with category and supply base knowledge
- Manage RFQ and bids through utilising the PEP tool
- Manage the flow of all product and service requisitions
- Produce periodic reporting, including supplier performance against predetermined KPI's, including weekly expected receipt reports
- Line management of Category Buyer
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience within a similar role
- Degree educated in a related field
- Certification from (or working towards) Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of using Procurement systems (eg Oracle / SAP applications)
- PC literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, such as vlookup, pivot tables etc (Essential)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good relationship management skills
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.