My client based in Hemel Hempstead are looking for Administrators and Minute takers to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis. This role is...
This is a truly unique and special opportunity for an experienced administrator to join a small friendly team as a school secretary, within a delightful small school environment set in stunning grounds.
- You will be the main point of contact for the School: meeting and greeting visitors, answering the phone and responding to emails
- You will also be responsible for the running of the school office from ensuring appropriate levels of office supplies are maintained and dealing with the post both inbound and outbound.
- Other duties include being the first port of call for students, staff, parents and other visitors, completing annual school census, managing the school attendance register, updating the school bank records, completing voting list of staff, coordinating the Parent's Weekend event, archiving of student/mature student/staff records and stock taking (stamps/phone cards)
- You will also be responsible for handling communication on behalf of the Principal/Bursar including daily maintenance of digital diary, arranging/accepting meetings and telephone calls, as well as supporting the Curriculum team and Recruitment Officer with tasks such as: Typing, formatting and sending reports (bi-annually), signing and recording details of exam papers, and providing support for the school inspection and open days (3 Saturdays per year).
This is a very busy role in a small office and requires someone who is friendly, approachable, organised and professional, combined with a good sense of humour. The position is to start as soon as possible, full-time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, 52 weeks per year with 5.6 weeks holiday. Salary is £22,000.
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills
- A professional telephone manner
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Ability to multitask
- Previous experience of working in a school environment
- Experience of compliance documentation
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.