Do you have experience within Credit Control and dealing with a companies debt? If so and you are immediately available to start a temporary, ongoing...
Introducer Credit & Compliance Analyst
This role is to manage and process all of Business Finance's Introducer compliance process. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that our Brokers and Vendors partners maintain the relevant legislative permissions for ongoing monitoring to ensure they apply for all relevant FCA principles. Creation of all types of introducer trading agreements which include non-standard documentation clauses and be a centre of expertise in relation to Mercury user access. The job holder will be working with the Credit support team and the wider Credit team. The job holder will undertake credit support tasks, while taking on extra responsibilities in regards to training and implementing various credit activities. It is expected that they will hold a delegated underwriting authority in order to be able to review and underwrite novation's, reschedules and new business proposals if business volumes dictate.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES AND DELIVERABLES:
- Deliver and maintain an Introducer appointment and review process (including the creation of individual Introducer records within Alfa and 3pm) and control methodologies. Liaise with the Sales and Finance teams to ensure account, target and deal allocation is consistently up to date, requesting report generation where required.
- Ensure all Broker and Vendor business partners comply with relevant legislation before appointment and then by regular monitoring (approving or referring), including adherence to FCA principles, treating customers fairly and identifying and managing vulnerable customers, Data protection, and Anti-Money Laundering. Review and identify any issues with credit bureau searches, UBOs, PEPs & Sanctions, FCA authorisation, Disqualified Directors Register, Individual Insolvency Register, Data Protection Register, Enhanced Risk List, complaints log, unwinds log, and business volumes.
- Prepare and issue Introducer trading agreements and addenda/side letters, closure and suspension letters as directed by Credit, ensuring such letters contain all relevant and up to date clauses in liaison with Technical Support or Legal as appropriate.
- Be a centre of expertise to provide advice to Credit Support in making decisions to resolve queries and issues with Mercury access and password resets, ensuring that we are easy to deal with and minimising barriers to our receipt of new business proposals whilst maintaining security.
- Assist Senior Credit Managers with maintaining robust Credit policies including amending policies as directed and maintaining the Credit Policy Log.
- Provide Credit Support & New Business Deal Management with instructions on the loading of proposals and deals for non-standard introducers.
- Advising and assisting the business on Introducer Compliance and regulatory obligations in liaison with Compliance department where appropriate.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for monthly Risk Committee, including portfolio analysis critique of customers in high-risk industries as and when required.
- Identify weaknesses in Introducer control systems and recommend solutions for the management of operational risk.
- At appointment and review, ensure all introducers are of acceptable standing and Credit risk and that they comply legislatively especially with FCA principles, without which the brand would also be non-compliant.
- Introducer documentation issued by job holder to be robust and legally enforceable.
- Where referred by Credit Support, be responsible for making appropriate security decisions relating to Introducer's Mercury access to ensure that both their and our data remains safe.
- Credit Policies to be maintained up to date, relevant and transparent to ensure Credit and Risk are making decisions within an approved framework.
- Be vigilant for circumstances where customers may be in a vulnerable position and make appropriately fair specific Credit resolutions and/or apply credit-wide solutions where appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with business requirements.
- Ensure compliance legislation and regulatory changes affecting the brand are adopted, with specific attention to FCA principles, Data Protection, Money Laundering and Treating the Customer Fairly ('TCF').
- Carrying out and be fully aware of actions as are required to meet the requirements of the Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC Corporate Governance framework including attendance at any relevant management and committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with J-Sox requirements by ensuring ongoing compliance with the following objectives:
- Controls in their processes are effective to manage risks (in conjunction with Financial Control)
- Processes are operating as mapped
- Ideally 3 years+ experience of the Leasing and Asset finance market, preferably including those of an intermediary led concept.
- Good understanding of Asset finance deal structures.
- Experience of providing specialist advice to senior management and regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Expert in back-office systems including Alfa knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present convincing arguments to senior management.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to understand and interpret changes in the Compliance arena, including regulatory changes, to the business.
- Experience in financial analysis and data analysis with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to make and take balanced Credit decisions on new business proposals and to justify such decisions to internal staff, Sales and to our Introducers
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.