Our client are a very successful, leading tech start-up company and are looking to recruit an Account Manager to join their sales team based in...
Account Handler required for an Insurance organisation in Hatfield!
Are you an experienced Insurance Account Handler?
Do you possess a strong working knowledge of all types of insurances?
Would you like to make a difference to the growth of an insurance business?
This position is for an Insurance Account Handler. As well as a competitive annual salary of circa £30,000, the business offers a competitive bonus scheme, health scheme, and free parking on site, as well as holiday package.
The job is immediately available.
This is a new position for an established and ever growing Commercial Insurance Broker. Working within a team of 9 very dedicated professionals, you will be responsible for handling a comprehensive Commercial insurance service to existing and potential new customers, working closely with the external Sales team.
Working within an open plan office, you will be privy to all areas of the business, so we are looking for somebody with strong business acumen who can integrate with the business as a whole.
We would like someone with a strong General Insurance background.
- List out renewals on a monthly basis and ensure these are received form the Insurers in plentiful time. Obtain claims experience from the respective Insurer. Discuss the renewals with the Directors and agree on how to proceed.
- Arrange for Insurers presentations to be prepared so that quotations can be obtained.
- Arrange for clients presentations to be prepared.
- Manage portfolio of clients and contribute towards Company sales forecast, plans, programmes and budgets.
- Work closely with the External sales function, ensuring that you understand their requirements to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Working with the External Sales team to complete detailed reviews of the insurance requirements of existing and potential new customers, prepare detailed reports and registers
- Negotiate with Underwriters in placing, amending or renewing clients insurance programmes
- Ensure all documentation associated with placing, amending or renewing clients' insurance programmes is completed in a reasonable timescale and is accurate. Instructing Accounts to ensure financial transactions are completed.
- Assist customers in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims.
- Provide risk advice / risk management / risk prevention information on both Commercial Motor and Non Motor risk to customers, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate.
- The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance
- The UK General Insurance market in respect of both Personal and Commercial Insurances
- Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Commercial insurance
- Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures, Health & Safety legislation and risk Management techniques
- FCA regulation for dealing with Commercial customers
- Report writing and insurance register preparation techniques
- The Law of Agency
- The Data Protections Act
- Credit Management procedures
- FCA Regulations for dealing with Retail Customers
- Requirements of money laundering legislation
The role is office based, but may occasionally require travelling to clients premises. This may need to be completed outside of normal hours on occasion.
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
If this role compliments your current skills and experience, please use the APPLY button to attach your CV. Amy Collicott from Tate WGC will be in touch by phone or email in the next 3 working days.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.