An exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Executive to join an innovative and forward-thinking global membership organisation based in City of London. This role is...
Duties of Operational Support include providing day to day support to our team, assisting in daily office needs and managing the department's general administrative activities. Some of these tasks may involve delegating or communicating information to other parties; good communication skills and attention to detail are important.
- A natural planner, who is reliable and determined
- Accurate, precise and methodical
- A positive outlook and focus on customer service
- Ability to multi-task - especially managing personal time and productivity
- Experience of working in a busy team working to targets and deadlines
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email.
- Must be capable of learning new basic database skills
- Adaptable communication skills - with the internal team as well as clients and strategic partners
- Willingness to assist other members of the team where needed to ensure the ultimate success of each programme
- Arrange and co-ordinate: visas, flight travel for teams and individuals
- Ensure all tickets required are correct, liaising with booking agents and updating relevant systems/people
- Assist with hotel invoicing and reconciliation
- Ensure payment deadlines have been adhered to
- Support the team with duties such as approvals, travel preferences and refunds
- Answer the department telephone
- Assist the team with day to day queries that come into the department by phone or e-mail and provide support
- Assist in managing mailboxes - answering buyer's questions where able or passing on to the relevant person to assist
- Carry out event check calls for account managers. This involves calling venues to verify that the events the buyer has supplied are true and correct
- Liaise back to the account managers in a timely manner with accurate information
- Must be able to travel abroad when required for business purposes
- Ensure that budgets, relevant to any projects undertaken, set by the Company Directors are adhered to
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested by your Manager, a Company Director or another member of the Head Office Management Team
- Always represent the company in a positive and professional manner
- Ensure company fixed assets and office and kitchen supplies are well looked after and maintained at all times
- Attend meetings and training as requested and/or required
- Working to agreed deadline/timelines and budgets
- Communicating and working closely with other members of the team
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.