Tate are currently working in partnership with South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust and are seeking to recruit a number of 999 /111 Emergency Call...
WEEKEND CALL HANDLERS - SOUTHAMPTON
Call Handlers needed for weekend shifts within a 'Out of Hours Service!
Shifts can include Friday night to Sunday night - midnight to 6am / 8pm to 2am / 6am to midnight / 7am to 1pm - we will call you for your availability each week.
One of our leading clients are looking for a weekend Call Handlers to join their growing team, based in Central Southampton.
You will work well as part of a team, be an excellent communicator, and able to work well under pressure.
The Purpose of the role;
- To provide direct supervision and leadership to clinical and non-clinical staff working within the Out of Hours service.
- Ensure visiting cars are dispatched in a timely, professional and efficient manner in accordance with set time frames working closely with the Dispatch team.
- To be the first point of contact for on-duty employees to deal with queries and provide guidance.
- Induction of GP's and ANP's to the service ensuring they acquire sound knowledge of the service, bases, IT functionality and roles and responsibilities.
Duties to include;
- Assess and organise the visiting Doctors resource so that all requests are dealt with efficiently whilst being completed within specified priority timescales.
- Promote good relationships with patients, clinicians, other staff and stakeholders involved in the system.
- Co-ordinate the home visits, dispatching patient details to visiting cars, confirming receipt and providing directions as required.
- Contact patients by telephone using sensitivity and tact informing them of the doctors expected visit time and document details of communications with patients.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience within a customer service environment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to Brenda Moore at or apply online
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.