HR Advisor Bedford £32,500 Plus benefits Are you an experienced HR advisor with a strong background in Employee Relations? Do you like the idea of...
HR Advisor - Bedford
£32,500 Plus benefits
Are you an experienced HR advisor with a strong background in Employee Relations? Do you like the idea of working for a Global FMCG business? If the idea of being in a busy end-to-end HR role excites you, then read on!
As Hr Advisor you will work with various teams within the HR network to enable a smooth end-to-end employee experience for day-to-day HR needs. You will act as a key partner in driving employee relations strategies, as well as ensuring that employee policies, practices, and programs are consistently applied across the company.
Main Accountabilities include:
- Taking a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying employee relations trends, recommending solutions that address root-cause of issue and taking actions for execution
- Providing operational support and guidance on performance improvement, disciplinary, grievance, absence, redundancy processes, etc. in line with local governance and legislation; this includes case management of these examples through to conclusion
- Fully customer facing role, serving as the first point of contact for employees & managers when it comes to end-to-end HR policies and procedures
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners, Payroll, Reward, Global Mobility, Work Force Admin and Recruitment Teams and provide support and subject matter expertise to recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes
- Ensure employees and line managers experience the best possible service, using your client-facing, customer care; problem solving, and analytical skills to ensure tasks are actioned to the highest possible standard
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant HR experience, including strong background in employee relations and case management
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK employment laws and regulations required
- Proficient & broad understanding of HR systems and processes
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid customer care and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working in MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint etc.); advance proficiency in Excel required
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.