Full time Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant required for a successful company west of Exeter. This new role would suit a proven Finance Assistant with strong MS Excel...
Tate are working with a client located in Sowton, Exeter. This is a permanent position based in the clients head office. Working Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Salary: up to £28,500
The Accounts Manager will play a key part in the Finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of the preparation of the Company's management accounts, maintenance of the accounting ledgers and provision of other management information.
- Preparation of monthly accounts.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Preparation of monthly stock reconciliation.
- Analysis of queries from management accounts and stock reconciliations.
- Monthly check of production staff payroll.
- Assistance with the preparation of the annual budget
- Preparation of year-end audit file including first draft statutory accounts.
- Control of nominal ledger, purchase ledger, cash book and fixed asset registers.
- Authorisation and review of purchase ledger invoices, for weekly and monthly BACS Runs
- Authorisation and review of foreign/currency payments.
- Weekly cashbook and purchase ledger payments report.
- Upkeep of landed costs suppliers and rates.
- Review of bank reconciliations.
- Running month end reports prior to period ends on sales ledger, purchase ledger, inventory control, SOP and POP.
- Archiving of cashbook, nominal ledger and fixed asset reports.
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT accounts.
- Monthly EC Sales list preparation and submission.
- National statistics returns.
- Periodic review of sales ledger to ensure Items being matched, no excessive open cash.
- Staff sales, reps accounts etc are correctly stated.
- Overdue debtors being collected.
- Review of purchase ledger to ensure that held items are dealt with promptly and that all accounts are kept well maintained and reconciled.
- Management of Assistant Accountant and Ledger Clerk.
- Daily treasury review and setting up payments and inter-company transfers.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular intermediate to advanced use of Excel.
- Possess good communication skills, as this role involves liaising with all other department throughout the company, and at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a larger team.
- Be motivated and well organised.
- Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
- A working knowledge of access would be an advantage.
- Be familiar with ERP systems.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 27 based on yearly service.
- Pension Scheme.
- Free Eye Test.
- Life Assurance.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Flexi Time (if applicable).
- Staff Recommendation Scheme.
- Free Parking.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.