Senior Business Development Manager
To maximise the return on investment and ensure all personal targets (income, volume and minimum fees) are achieved. To operate in such a way to ensure that the balance of reward at all times remains firmly in the brands favour, with the emphasis on generating vast majority of new business through own network. As Senior BDM, to act as a reference point for new or less experienced sales personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To achieve all agreed targets relating to income, volume and minimum fees as agreed from time to time.
- To have and develop own network of accountants, advisors and introducers that supply over 75% of all new business.
- To ensure adherence to the agreed credit policies in the assessment of all new business proposals and to ensure that any recommendations made are consistent with those policies.
- A beacon of best practice for conversion of supplied new business enquires, converting 20% into new clients.
- To maintain at all times a good knowledge of the market and key players to ensure that the Company is aware of the reputation of its Brokers.
- To act professionally and promote the company positively.
- To apply the Company's pricing policies as agreed from time to time and to refer any variances from this in accordance with the agreed governance structure.
- To act as a key reference point for new or more junior sales personnel and to assist with training/coaching of new sales staff including document, credit policies and joint visits as required.
- To ensure that all final terms of business on any individual transaction are in line with the credit terms granted by the Credit department.
- To operate within agreed budgets and to monitor costs against budget.
- To be fully aware of and to carry out such actions as are required to meet the requirements of the brands Governance framework.
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with the brands business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and specifically that which relates to Data Protection, Money Laundering and Treating the Customer Fairly ('TCF') and attend update training as may be required from time to time.
- To ensure compliance with SOX requirements you need to ensure ongoing compliance with the following objectives
- an understanding of your process
- awareness of responsibilities for control within the process
- confirmation that controls are operating
- exceptions to controls are raised with your line manager
- being open to ensure that the testing process can identify any issues
- undertaking agreed remediation to correct any weakness
- Excellent working knowledge of the invoice finance industry and sales process
- Proven track record in achieving targets
- Professional person with good communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven and able to operate autonomously
- At least three years' experience of face to face B2B sales to SME's
- Minimum of three years working in the invoice finance Industry
- Experience of the financial services marketplace
- Experience in achieving sales from various channels
- Ideally experience of lead generation through intermediaries and direct sales
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.