Developing the models, systems and processes required to fulfil all planning obligations, ensuring that they are robust and efficient, and able to provide the required...
Senior Credit Analyst
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To underwrite complex new business proposals across all sectors and underwriting teams, completion of facility reviews, monitoring and assisting with high risk customers
Maintaining and improving systems and the presentation of information and reports to senior management as and when required
In carrying out the responsibilities of the role, the post holder will work with (or have significant contact with):
- Head of Credit Risk
- Senior Credit Managers
- Flow Team
- Asset Management
- Credit Support
- Auditors Key Performance Objectives and Deliverables
- Timely and accurate new business proposal underwriting decisions within a higher level delegated authority or recommendations to Management where outside of personal mandate.
- Where appropriate, "make" deals in a structured, risk appropriate and affordable form including assisting with bespoke documentation in conjunction with Technical Support.
- Utilising a range of underwriting tools and templates such as Standard and Poor's, CAP Monitor and risk rating models, with the skills to interpret outcomes and apply commercially.
- Prioritise workload and seek management assistance where necessary in order to meet internal turnaround times in line with business imperatives.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers in order to optimise business effectiveness without compromising risk management imperatives.
- Undertaking site visits including Brokers, Vendors, Block Discounting and Wholesale Customers and Customers in general to assist sales in relationship building and deal negotiations.
- Training, mentoring and providing expert advice to Credit Analysts and Junior Credit Analysts.
- Deputising for Senior Credit Managers where requested.
- Provide informed support across Business Finance in areas such as fraud prevention, systems testing, deal pay-outs and overviews
- Identify and research new opportunities such as assets and sectors and present possible solutions to Management as well as creating and utilising cross divisional opportunities
- Ensure that any credit acceptance terms and conditions effectively mitigate risk and meet the risk policies and lending appetite of the brand.
- Be vigilant for circumstances where a customer may be in a vulnerable position and make appropriately fair solutions.
- Identifying improvements to existing risk processes to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Prepare financial analysis including standard ratios identifying all material financial risks and opportunities including commercial issues to ensure that they are adequately assessed in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation.
- Keeping up to date with current regulatory requirements demonstrating commercial acumen in analysing the impact of these and making balanced risk decisions.
- Awareness of changes in the macro and micro economy and changes in market sector performance, understand the impact of such changes and risks they pose, and manage risk decisions across the team appropriately.
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with the brands business requirements.
- Ensure compliance legislation and regulatory changes affecting the brand are adopted, with specific attention to FCA principles, Data Protection, Money Laundering and Treating the Customer Fairly ('TCF').
- Carrying out and be fully aware of actions as are required to meet the requirements of the the brands framework including attendance at any relevant management and committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with J-Sox requirements by ensuring ongoing compliance with the following objectives:
- controls in their processes are effective to manage risks (in conjunction with Financial Control)
- processes are operating as mapped
- departmental staff are aware of their responsibilities and operate in line with the Group standard
- provide assistance to financial control in the performing of any testing
- exceptions are noted and appropriate remedial action taken
- any changes to process/systems have been approved in line with Group policy/procedure
- Expected minimum 7 years underwriting experience with solid knowledge and experience in the asset finance deal sector
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly highlight relevant issues
- Excellent time management & ability to balance credit and other risk responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills with concise expression and ability to present convincing arguments to Management, Sales and other stakeholders
- Experienced in financial and data analysis
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Degree level qualification in related discipline preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic team focused environment
- Responsibility for your own personal development/learnittng opportunities
It is expected that in order to deliver against the key accountabilities the support of the following stakeholders is required:
- Head of Credit Risk
- Head of Collections & Wholesale
- Senior Credit Mangers
- Flow Team
- Asset Management
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.