Tate are currently working on a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced individual. This is a permanent position, Reading based with frequent travel around the...
Tate are currently working on a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced individual. This is a permanent position, Reading based with frequent travel around the UK.
Working with the largest UK consultancy in its industry, our client is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join as the Head of Projects.
As the Head of Projects, you will be providing full time management to all of the project teams focusing on aspects such as process development, commercial, project management/delivery and people. As a key member of the management team, you will be involved with the delivery and management of the administration project services across the whole business.
The overall objective will be to optimise the balance for three aims - Quality, profit and long term sustainability. In your quest of these aims, your objectives would be to assist the Regional Operations Principal to:
- Build strong and productive relationships with senior staff across the business, in all other offices
- Contribute to maintaining the high quality standards required within the company, and seek to enhance the quality long term sustainability of the services provided to clients across the business
- Actively contribute to the attraction, training and retention of employees by recruiting appropriately; and motivating, rewarding and developing existing employees. Manage HR issues, and coordinate project related resources
- Identify, develop and deliver the commercial aspects of the project function, billing effectively for value added to clients, and ensure that profit is delivered. Participate in on-going detailed analysis of the efficiency of our systems and processes
- Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities
- Manage and develop the pension's administration project capability by demonstrating positive leadership skills and actively mentoring Administration Managers (Projects) to ensure an efficient, effective, robust and consistent service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Already an experienced and successful pension professional, you will have a strong track record in managing, developing and delivering pensions administration services and projects
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of technical pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme
- Previous pensions administration experience of both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes is required
- Proven experience in formulating and writing project scope proposals, preparing and delivering to clients and subsequent client negotiations
- Experience of operating within and contributing to a compliant framework, and a strong understanding of quality standards
- Previous line management experience is required, including appraisal process, HR issue management, performance management and recruitment related activities
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Training, Education & Qualification
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B
- APMI (or applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered)
- Ideally, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification in project management.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Proven leadership proficiency - both mentoring and motivating
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to inspire, motivate, lead and manage a diverse team of professionals from trainee to senior consultant levels
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Being a good and enthusiastic team player
- A high degree of organisation with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- A strong results oriented commercial and professional focus
- Confidence in dealing at a senior level and have a creative and forward-thinking approach
- An ability to recognise the need for a customer focused approach to their service delivery both in terms of quality and exceeding customer expectations
- Well developed project management skills and the ability to see projects/tasks from concept through to completion within given timescales.
If you would like to know more about this position, please apply with an up to date CV.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.