This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and approachable Finance Manager to join a friendly and growing company on a part-time basis. Hours: 8:30-16:30...
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and approachable Finance Manager to join a friendly and growing company on a part-time basis. Hours: 8:30-16:30 4 days a week
The right candidate will need to be organised, methodical and personable with a good sense of humour and enthusiasm for this role. This is a hugely varied and busy role, working closely with the Managing Director and team to efficiently deliver the day-to-day finance activities for the company. The responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales, (P&L/BS) bank reconciliations and variance commentary
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting (such as margin and job cost reporting)
- Maintain accruals and prepayments schedules
- Sales ledger and debtor control
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for fuel card management
- Overview of the purchase order system
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- The financial end of year accounts providing information to accountants
- Managing company assets and ensuring compliance with company depreciation policy
- Processing of monthly and weekly payroll
- Issuing of contracts of employment
- Maintaining personnel files
- Maintaining insurances
- Other ad hoc tasks
The successful candidate will need strong attention to detail and communication skills with a positive attitude to work in a team environment.
- Strong use of Excel
- Experience using Accountancy software (SAGE would be advantageous)
- An appetite to develop or change processes to improve efficiency
- Recognised financial qualification (CIMA/AAT) would be beneficial
Due to the location of this role it is essential that you have your own car. If you have the relevant experience please apply.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.