Financial AnalystPURPOSE:Assist in the delivery of a high quality financial planning and analysis service to senior management and ensure that company resources are used effectively...
Assist in the delivery of a high quality financial planning and analysis service to senior management and ensure that company resources are used effectively and efficiently by providing sound financial analysis that guides better management decisions.
It is expected that in order to deliver against the key accountabilities the post holder will work with and require the support of the following stakeholders:
- Line manager
- Group FP&A team and other Finance teams
- Group Director of Finance
- BI team
- Assist the FP&A Manager (Strategy & Planning) in the following areas:
- Manage the collation, co-ordination, consolidation, production and presentation of all Group plans, budgets and forecasts in accordance with agreed timetables, achieving consistency of approach wherever possible.
- Manage the monthly P&L estimate process to provide the FD and CEO with early indication of the expected result and insight for the current month with potential risks and opportunities to ensure (as far as is possible) that there are no surprises.
- Ensure that parent company reporting, with regards to all aspects of planning, is completed on a timely basis, including the production of presentations for meetings with the parent company.
- Develop the models, systems and processes required to fulfil all planning, budgeting and forecasting obligations, ensuring that they are robust and efficient, and able to provide the required level of accuracy and detail to enable the meaningful monitoring of actual performance against targets.
- Maintain and improve a system of monthly rolling forecasts to analyse expected performance.
- Ensure that all plans, budgets and forecasts are supported by insightful and in-depth explanations of assumptions, variance and sensitivity analyses, and actions required to achieve objectives and KPI's.
- Establish, in conjunction with the senior management team, agreed stretch goals for the business; analyse and understand the underlying factors driving the business' results and assist management in developing actions plans to provide a road map of the financial performance require to achieve these goals.
- Assist in the development, training and motivating of the FP&A team, whilst ensuring that performance management is operated in accordance with Group policy.
- Be an integral member of the FP&A Committee, contributing to the overall development of the FP&A function throughout the Group and championing co-operation, co-ordination and best practice sharing.
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with business requirements.
- Member of recognised accounting body (CIMA or similar)
- Strong IT skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills and good communication skills with the ability to clearly present financial data to non-finance managers
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough and have a questionning approachA financial services background would be advantageous but not essential, as would prior experience of working on a group role.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.