Our client based in Winchester is looking for a temporary Administrative Assistant to start ASAP. Everyday tasks will include:Assisting with the daily administration (photo copying,...
Role: HR Assistant
Location: Royston, SG8
Employment Type: Temporary (4 months initially), full time hours
Pay: £13.33 per hour
Reporting to the HR Services Team Leader, the role is responsible for providing support to the HR group in delivering an exceptional HR service to Line Managers within Royston.
As part of a Services team, the HR Assistant will be the first point of contact for employees and line managers and will support with queries on HR policy, process, employee relations and compensation and benefits.
- Act as the point of contact for 'first line' manager and employee queries, respond to routine enquiries and escalate appropriately.
- Providing front line support and coaching to line managers to ensure that disciplinary, grievance, performance and health capability cases are dealt with professionally and in accordance with company procedures and values.
- Support HR Business Partners by processing all internal movements such as secondment, promotions, change of hours, including provision of letters, contracts and administering systems changes.
- Work closely with the HR Team Leader and Recruitment preparing offer letters and contracts, references and new starter administration
- Monitor leave of absence such as sickness, maternity and input into HR system to ensure accurate and timely recording for payroll. Escalate cases appropriately.
- Prepare all leaver documentation including organising and conducting exit interviews as appropriate, and feed back to Managers on discussions.
- Responsible for the accurate administration of HR records, various reports and processes
- Ensure that all personnel files are maintained and compliant with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, by efficiently filing all correspondence generated or received into the department;
- Ensure compliance with data protection and HR standards, policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Solutions orientated, with the ability to regularly overcome obstacles whilst maintaining a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to build strong and professional relationships at all levels
- Strong team player
- Desire and drive to develop into an effective HR business partner role over time
- Demonstrate IT skills using relevant HR systems, Microsoft office and other applicable systems.
- Ideally have experience in an HR shared services environment
- Experience of working in fast paced, changing environment, ideally in a large organisation
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, with attention to detail
- Part CIPD qualified or working towards this is desirable, but not essential
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply today, or contact Tate on 01582 692 543 for further information.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.