Pay £9.15 per hour
Hours: 37 per week (Monday - Friday)
A temporary vacancy has arisen for a candidate to support the facilities / maintenance officer within the premises and estates team.
You will be undertaking a wide range of duties to support the effective operation of the organisations and helping to provide a responsive and customer-focussed service. Working with both directly employed and contracted members of the estates team, you will ensure that the organisation is a safe, clean and well-maintained environment for staff, students and visitors.
Main duties include
- Manage the receipt and distribution of deliveries, collections and postage, including the issue and processing of relevant purchase orders; the operation of the organisations post room and Goods In facilities; the oversight of the internal post operation and the supplies and maintenance arrangements for equipment in the post room
- Manage the stationery request system and store, including deliveries of stationery to staff. Maintain and control the stationery stock and place orders with preferred suppliers within approved budgets
- Manage the procurement of cleaning and hygiene supplies for the contracted cleaning company and assist with the provision, monitoring and maintenance of dispensing equipment.
- Support the management of the waste disposal contracts, which include general and recycled waste, dedicated waste streams, and clinical, hygienic, hazardous and confidential waste. Liaise with the relevant technical and cleaning staff to ensure timely collections by the appointed contractors.
- Manage and monitor the approved budgets for stationery, cleaning supplies and waste disposal
- Read all utility meters; check readings against utility bills; raise and resolve queries with utility providers where appropriate. Monitor energy and water consumption and report any discrepancies to the premises and estates manager
- Call out and liaise with responsive maintenance contractors for priority breakdowns and repairs. Where necessary, meet and escort contractors upon arrival and ensure repairs are satisfactorily completed or followed up if the repair requires a second visit.
- Obtain quotations and arrange the procurement of premises and estates materials such as locks, keys, signage, street furniture, protective equipment, hand and power tools etc.
- Assist with porterage and movement of furniture and equipment as required.
- Manage the setting up of rooms for events, exams etc as requested by curriculum and / or support services managers, including supervision of contracted labour and suppliers.
- Take action as required in the event of bad weather or emergency - arrange outside contractors to attend. Participate in clearance of ice and snow, gritting of roads, dealing with floods and fires, dealing with break-ins.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.