Service Development Manager Main purpose of the role:The Service Development Manager is a key post and part of the Care and Support management team. The...
** Service Desk Consultant - 1st Line Support **
IMMEDIATE START - FANTASTIC NEW OPPORTUNITY
£30K - £35K based on exp plus bonus scheme
Hour 9am to 6pm
Guildford, Surrey based
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Consultant.
This is a Managed Services role within the Service Management team. The role will be based from the Guildford office with occasional client site visits also being required.
The successful candidate will have two primary responsibilities. Firstly, they will be a member of our client's Service Desk team providing first-line support to customers. Additionally, you will have direct service management responsibility for a number of our client's smaller customers.
Experience / Skills required:
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience working as a Service Desk consultant
- Ability to operate as a client-facing Service Manager and a support resource for other Service Managers and delivery consultants
- Ability to run and support service reviews, including producing reports, capturing minutes and action management
- Experience of overseeing the efficient and timely administration and progression of incidents, problems and changes assigned to Service Desk
- Previous experience of working within a support environment, underpinned by ITIL-based working practices
- The candidate should ideally be certified at Foundation level for ITIL, but training to support this will be provided if a candidate can demonstrate understanding of the principles
- Oracle experience is not essential but any experience with Oracle Managed Services will be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of the pressures of a Service Desk role, with an ability to multitask, co-ordinate activities and be the first point of escalation for (potentially difficult) customers.
- General computer systems competence and specific Microsoft Office skills to provide management support e.g. producing service reports, aggregating service performance statistics, updating internal systems
For further details, please contact the Tate, Guildford office.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.