Your Role/Essential SkillsResponsibility for proof reading, document production (including PowerPoint), drafting and/or reviewing client facing and third party documentation; andLiaising with the internal stakeholders,...
Public sector client in central Brighton seek to recruit an experienced Paralegal to start as soon as possible. This role is offered as a 21 month contract. Please note at this stage it is not a permanent opportunity.
£27825 plus excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and flexible working.
Our client based in central Brighton are looking for a paralegal to provide high quality support to the legal team.
- Conduct legal research, on request
- Provide support to Determinations Panel Support through the efficient management of documents (using document management software, or external software) including indexing, document collation, document organisation and limited amount of evidence analysis
- Liaise with legal counsel and other external parties as required.
- Co-ordinate legal costs and invoicing
- Chair and draft minutes/agendas for meetings
- Attend Determinations Panel (DP) hearings when required to provide administrative support
- Format and produce legal documents
- Arrange service of legal case documents on external parties
- File documentation to required deadlines
- Provide support to the Determinations Panel Support Lawyer(s)
- Knowledge of Court / Regulatory procedures
- Client-focused approach
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles
- Very strong IT skills, including experience of standard IT software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional) and document management systems
- Relevant legal qualification essential (e.g. law degree, CPE, LPC, ILEX)
- Proactive and flexible
- Can do approach
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Communication skills at all levels
- Excellent customer service
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.