** Financial Reporting Supervisor ** IMMEDIATE INTERVIEWS £41k £47kExcellent BenefitsGuildford, Surrey A leading company based in Guildford, Surrey, has an opportunity for a highly experienced...
Financial Reporting Supervisor - £41k - £47k
Accounting and Business Advisory Supervisor - £41k - £47k
£40k - £47k + Benefits
Our client, based Guildford, is currently recruiting for TWO exciting positions
Financial Reporting Supervisor - £41k-£47k
Responsible for the preparation of bespoke annual financial statements (whether that be under UK GAAP or IFRS), assisting clients with GAAP impact assessments, conversions and ad hoc projects, as well as being involved in leading edge financial reporting projects and consultancy.
You will be required to service a wide portfolio of clients, working both within a team of staff and individually, to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting and IFRS or at least have closely associated experience in audit.
- To ensure that financial reporting assignments are completed to the highest standard, and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager/partner and client
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures
- To take a hands-on supervisory role on assignments as and when required
- Train clients on the impact of changes in accounting standards, and the implications to their accounting systems
- To deal quickly and effectively with client queries
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements
- Delivery of high-quality financial statements and overall service to clients
- An interest in, or knowledge of IFRS
Accounting and Business Advisory Supervisor - £41k-£47k
Responsible for the preparation of management accounts, annual financial statements and routine ad-hoc projects.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a newly qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client
- Train clients on their accounts system
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements
- To brief staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and provide feedback where necessary
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, mainly audit and tax, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- Dealing with client queries
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements
- Strong accounting skills
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build and maintain working relationships
For further details, please contact the Guildford, Tate office.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.