Established company in a rural location, just outside Lewes, are looking for an Administrator, salary £20-23k, dependent on experience. This is a split role where...
My client, a leading law firm in the heart of London are looking to recruit a Credit Controller with between 1 and 3 years' experience to work within their Accounts Department. You will have previous experience of working as a Credit Controller ideally within a law firm/professional services. Working as part of the Accounts team you will assist the Senior Credit Controller with all aspects of debt collection, including maintaining an effective and professional credit control system for the firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a sales ledger averaging £2 million and consisting of over 800 invoices on a monthly basis. Contacting clients by telephone and email to pursue overdue invoices (average 50 calls and emails per day).
- Assisting solicitors to ensure client queries are addressed and dealt with promptly. (E.g. solicitor fee queries, missing purchase orders, invoice breakdown requests, duplicate invoicing, name/address amendments).
- Assisting with monthly statement runs for all overdue accounts by email and post.
- Assisting cashiers with allocating payments and obtaining breakdowns for unidentified payments.
- Reconciling bank receipts when cashiers are on leave.
- Preparing monthly financial reports to distribute to the finance director and partners. (Aged Debt report, unbilled disbursements, client account balances).
- Meetings with solicitors and partners to discuss their problematic debtors.
- Identifying uncollectable or problematic debts to discuss with supervisor and finance director and proposing solutions.
- Preparing monthly reports for several clients showing details of all active case and a breakdown invoices raised or unbilled WIP (work in progress).
- Liaising with clients regarding refunding of residual balances (duplicate payments, anticipated disbursements).
- Identifying matters with unbilled disbursements and zero balances and speaking with the relevant individuals to get them cleared.
- Keeping the senior credit controller fully informed of issues, and providing suggestions and solutions to deal with them.
- Assisting with projects and reports when needed.
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate record of query statuses.
- Maintaining an organised and accurate filing system.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.