Job Description: Recruitment OfficerResponsible To: Resourcing ManagerShort Description: This role is responsible for the end to end recruitment process of Support Assistantroles within the operation.Working...
I am now looking for a Buyer to join a successful commercial business unit, based from Uxbridge offices and covering this division's geographical area. The successful candidate will be covering the buying function for a variety of projects.
For this role, it is crucial that you have experience working for a main contractor within Construction, in a Buying / Procurement role.
· The Buying Department forms part of our Commercial function and is responsible for purchasing all materials used throughout business.
· The Buyer is responsible for the effective sourcing and procurement of construction plant and material requirements. They will also provide administrative support for the Buying team.
· Purchase materials and the hire of plant to achieve best value within the agreed timescales, to support the project teams.
· Compliance and achievement of divisional initiatives and best practice.
· Compliance of procedures and processes.
· Procure in line with the time scales as denoted on material requisitions.
· Be proactive in the procurement strategy of projects. Target 80% of spend using National Agreements.
· Maximise the National Group Buying Initiatives.
· Provide technical and proactive support and advice to the Pre-Construction and Construction Teams in all material matter.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Proven experience of working in a construction orientated procurement department as well as a successful track record of construction materials and plant procurement.
· A sound construction, technical and manufacturers product knowledge.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Strong negotiation skills and the ability to be assertive.
· Articulate with an aptitude for figures
· Methodical with a keen eye for detail
· Able to build and maintain credible relationships with colleagues and clients
· Confident, comfortable and persuasive when negotiating
This is a full time permanent position - Monday-Friday
Salary circa £25,000 DOE
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.