Job Title : Accounts Assistant Salary : up to £25,000Location : BasingstokeOur client, a friendly accountancy practice based in Basingstoke as seeking a new member...
Accountant - Practice Background
IMMEDIATE START AND INTERVIEWS!
Near Petworth, West Sussex
£50K - £65K - Based on Exp
Full time 37.5 hours per week.
Training and development opportunities.
Company Pension Scheme.
Free on-site parking
Great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join the team of Directors within an expanding Accountancy Practice.
Duties will include:
- To run the office & be responsible for all aspects of the operations of that office.
- To facilitate a committed and hardworking team.
- Ensure all team members are clear on what is expected of them, give regular feedback as to how they are performing and are capable of growing in line with the demands of the business.
- Support the team to help them grow.
- Building sold client relationships via various forms of communication, but most importantly regular contact with all clients either by telephone or face to-face meetings.
- Managing a portfolio of sole trade, partnership, limited companies and personal tax clients and ensuring all HMRC and Companies House filing deadlines are met. Total fee portfolio in the region of £300K currently but is expected to grow to £500K to £600K.
- Overseeing and ultimately responsible for all aspects of the client work, including but not limited to; bookkeeping, regular management accounts and vat return completion. Annual accounts preparation, tax computation and tax return submission. Payroll, P11D and form 42, company secretarial matters.
- Overseeing the transition to cloud accounting for those clients that are undertaking that task.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries.
- Identifying and managing planning opportunities including annual review of tax planning and remuneration, and general business support for clients.
- Responsible for staff supervision and training for team. Team of 5 currently, but possibly rising to 6 or 7 in the next 3 to 6 months.
- Managing the workflow of the team to ensure the best use of resources, and delivery of high standard of client care.
- Developing and mentoring the team to ensure they progress within the office environment and achieve success in their exams.
- Enabling each member of the team to achieve their potential.
- Raising the profile of the business (with the support of the marketing team of the firm).
- Working with the other directors within the company to look at ways in which we can achieve our growth targets.
- Regular attendance at local networking events. Establishing your own reputation as a professional adviser within the local business community and building your own network of contacts and referrers of work.
- Presenting at seminars locally to raise the profile of the firm.
- Meeting potential clients, establishing their business needs and demonstrating how you can add value to them.
- Seamless "on-boarding" of new clients.
- Considerable experience in the review and preparation of month-end management accounting activities and narrative input to the management accounts.
- Adaptable and willing, with the ability to work in a culture of change; continually improving (products, processes and priorities) to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Experience of leading and managing a team, as well as interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, verbal skills and IT skills (particularly Excel).
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.