This growing company already provides solutions to some of the worlds biggest names in broadcast and media. Their systems are manufactured from a head office...
** IT 1st Line Support - Support Engineer **
Immediate start and Interviews
£25k plus Bonus
Great benefits / Training and Development
Our client based in Guildford, Surrey, is currently recruiting for an IT 1st Line Support - Support Engineer.
You will provide support and maintenance services to customers. At all times adhering to PCI processes and controls, and assist in meeting service uptime targets and ensuring that deployment efficiencies are met.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide 1st line support desk services - receive customer calls, gather all relevant information, qualifying and logging issues within ticketing system
- Update the ticket management system - ensure all customer issues are appropriately updated and tracked through to conclusion within each customers contracted SLA's
- Perform basic health checks on the Customer's platforms
- Determine if issue is within the Telephony or Data areas
- Collect logs for analysis
- Collect traces for analysis
- Analyse logs
- Where appropriate refer customer issues to 2nd level support
- Carry out scheduled maintenance activities on live customer platforms, including system health-checks, product patch updates, vulnerability patch updates and full product upgrades.
- Assist the delivery teams to build and deploy new customer solutions based on low level design specifications
- Adhere to all process and procedures
- Ensuring a professional representation at all times (internally and externally)
- Working effectively with all areas of Sales, Operations and IT teams to ensure the customers are receiving an excellent service
- Assist with adhoc internal network and IT tasks from time to time
- Strong spoken and written English Language skills
- Good problem-solving and trouble shooting skills, with attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking - firewalls and routers an advantage
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required to cover operational support requirements
Key Skills and Experience
- IT-based degree level qualification or equivalent IT knowledge to the required level
- SIP/VOIP experience would be useful
- Hands-on TDM/VOIP Telephony experience
- ITIL experience
For further details, please contact the Guildford, Tate office.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.