** Engineering Manager - Automotive Industry **
IMMEDIATE START AND INTERVIEWS
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
Our client based in the Guildford area, is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager within an Automotive industry. You will be part of the Service Engineering and Aftersales Team.
Reporting to the Head of Service Engineering and Aftersales, you will be responsible for the creation and management of Service Engineering project deliverables including;
- Manage Automotive Vehicle Development Project gateways and ensure all Aftersales deliverables achieve either Green or Amber status.
- Benchmarking of competitors for serviceability and cost of ownership.
- Ensure Vehicle Design serviceability targets though DMU assessment, design control meetings and physical review are achieved.
- Work closely with vehicle designers to ensure that serviceability targets are understood and meet.
- Specify and deliver special workshop equipment and mange suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver Diagnostic System, Guided Test Steps including Operating software and Hardware.
- Manage the development and deliver maintenance repair methodologies and instructions and manage suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver body repair methodologies and instructions and manage suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver Spare Parts manual and manage suppliers.
- Support the Aftersales Technical Support team with technical and Diagnostic problem solving.
- Proof read workshop related technical information for content accuracy.
- Management of design changes though the lifecycle of each model and variant which effects technical workshop documentation.
- Manage the translation of all necessary types of Approved repair centre and Customer documentation and manage translation suppliers.
- Ensure all vehicles programs are correctly budgeted and delivered within budget.
- Manage the selection of new suppliers though Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes.
- Be instrumental in delivering initiatives to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Develop, create timing plans and business cases for Service Engineering related projects and ensure these are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Liaise and work closely with internal and external stakeholders and business units ensuring cross functionality.
- To carry out any other appropriate work as required by the company.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent desirable
- Previous experience in an Automotive Manufacturing
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of design software CATIA V5
- Knowledge of Engineering Bill of Material systems and Electrical Diagnostic Systems.
- Knowledge of Automotive Vehicle operating systems, Braking, Air Conditioning, Suspension, Engine and Transmissions.
- Knowledge of Publication Software suits.
- Proven track record for project management.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted