A small family feel engineering and sustainable energy company based close to Angel Islington station is seeking an Accounts Assistant, paying between £23,000 £25,000, to...
Our client based in central Woking are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Close liaison between customers and the Logistic/Marketing/Sales department so that credit issues are resolved smoothly.
- Checking customer's credit situation and decide whether or not to offer the credit
- Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system, customer master data update, insurance credit update and contracts filed/archive
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner to meet cash and debtor day targets
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company's policies
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Respond promptly and completely to both customers and internal enquiries
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Undertake account/GLs reconciliations as required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Send out monthly customer statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence
- If any customers stop paying or pay late then it's your responsibility to work with Logistic to stop delivery, start legal action to collect the money owed (if necessary) and in the case of bankruptcy you'll have to report to your higher management about the strategies to make sure you can recover what you can.
- Regularly review the company's debt recovery procedures.
- Previous experience in a Credit Control role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with accounting software such as SAP would be an advantage
For more information on this role, please contact the Guildford office.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.