Location: Reading/GuildfordJob title: HR AssistantSalary: 22-23kHours: 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday.One of the UK's premier accountancy and pensions company are looking for a HR Assistant to...
Payroll and HR Officer
Our client is an expanding retail business with over 800 employees. Your primary responsibility would be to administer monthly payroll for 800 employees whilst supporting the HR, Training and Recruitment functions.
- Providing payroll duties, including administration to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time
- Performing all activities necessary to process the payroll, including liaising with payroll provider, maintaining related records, preparing accounting spreadsheets and documents, and preparing special reports for management
- Managing all payroll resources as appropriate
- Investigating and resolving payroll queries
- Dealing with pension contributions and holiday calculations
- Process data to monitor compliance with the Working Time Directive
- Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA
- Administer pension payments
- Preparing new starter contracts
- Keeping HR Files up to date
- Ensure compliance with sensitive and confidential information in accordance with GDPR
- Support HR team with administration of courses and recruitment
- Support HR team with investigations and disciplinaries administration
- Experience in processing payroll from start to finish for a large number of employees - in a retail environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience with SAGE 50
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements
- Good ability of all Microsoft packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills
- High integrity ensuring confidentiality at all times
- Ability to self-manage working with minimal supervision
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and courtesy to our employees at all levels
For further information please contact the Guildford branch on 01483 533707.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.