Laboratory Cleaning Assistant
Guildford BasedThe post holder will undertake cleaning duties to ensure a clean, hygienic, and safe environment in the laboratories. Additional support to the Stores Manager and Administration Assistant will also be required on an ad hoc basis. This is a full-time role (40hours per week), 5 days per week (including Saturdays.)Responsibilities
- Deep cleaning of laboratories on a weekly basis including fogging.
- Sweep, vacuum and disinfect floors.
- Empty waste bins.
- Remove all waste from work areas.
- Damp wipe top of fridges, freezers, trunking windowsills and shelving.
- Clean hand-wash basins and ensure soap and towels are available.
- Clean door handles and vision panels.
- Launder & Iron laboratory coats.
- Liaise with technical staff in laboratories when cleaning their work areas.
- Alert a member of the technical team to any potentially dangerous situations in the laboratory.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Assistant General Manager /or Laboratory Manager.
- Experience cleaning in an industry, hospital or academic based environment is desirable.
- Experience working to cleaning schedules and routines is desirable.
- Demonstrable understanding of health and safety and COSHH with a willingness to attend safety courses.
- The ability to work with extreme care when cleaning laboratory equipment.
- The ability to read and successfully interpret instructions supplied with cleaning products and equipment.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- The ability to manage own time effectively.
- Reliability under pressure.
- Good communicator.
- Able to document and maintain records accurately.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted