We are currently recruiting for a 2 week temporary assignment to ideally then turn permanent.Our client will be going on maternity leave in 2 weeks...
We are recruiting for an Administration Manger who can provide high level administrative support to the Director of Clinical Research. This will ideally appeal to candidates who has worked in a PA/EA capacity within a medical, research or education setting.
· To produce timely and effective reports, briefings and presentations as requested. This will involve sourcing, interpreting and summarising a wide range of documents and liaising with key individuals
· To ensure accurate and timely compliance with internal and external requests for information maintaining an effective brought forward system.
· To act on behalf of Director of Clinical Research by assessing urgent situations that can be addressed by other colleagues in order to meet deadlines
· To demonstrate strong and effective leadership acting as an exemplary role model
· To manage annual leave ensuring adequate staff cover is maintained for relevant Consultant, junior medical staff and admin areas.
· To manage the Directors correspondence and diary. To draft and commission responses to letters and queries addressed to the Director
· To manage a rolling programme of meetings with key stakeholders and organising workshops and other events as required, maintaining appropriate links and ensuring co-ordination of all relevant information. This includes strategic and Board meetings, as well as those concerning research operations.
· Organise and service meetings and committees, and - where appropriate - attending, taking minutes and following up action points.
· To alert the Director to deadlines and actions agreed at Committees and Board Meetings, ensuring urgent and immediate tasks are brought to the Directors attention
· To manage appropriately the contact between the post holder and the patients/public which may either be face to face or by telephone. This may include dealing with people who anxious and distressed
· To coordinate, manage, organise and oversee VIP/ministerial visits. To ensure the provision of comprehensive briefings for such visits and ensuring effective liaison between the Director, the communications team and other key personnel
· Develop and maintain good relationships both internally and externally
· Produce accurate meeting minutes including those of a sensitive and confidential nature
· To coordinate, monitor and manage the Directors office non-pay budgets
· Support the Director in the co-ordination of regular reports on financial and contractual performance
· Establish and develop the office function ensuring compliance with best business practice at all times
· Co-ordinate the process for the management of complaints and ensure they are responded to in a timely fashion
· Assisting with the preparing/writing of relevant research-related applications.
· Assisting with the drafting and updating of business cases and strategic documents, including operating statements and KPI reports.
· Maintain an overview of directorate priorities and current projects through responsibility for maintaining and updating the operational plan.
· Coordinate travel arrangements for the Director and research team
Workforce Planning, Management and Development
· To maintain specialist knowledge regarding the training programme, to organise, manage, maintain and develop the information system and support the programme, including coordination of recruitment, supervisory meetings, mandatory training updates and liaising with the trainees regularly
· Support the implementation of key HR initiatives/targets and HR policies/practices
· Record and monitor senior management staff leave record ensuring adequate staff cover is maintained.
· Be IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Health Roster.
· Be able to minute scientific meetings
· Work on own initiative and be able to concentrate for periods of time, including whilst checking scientific and academic documentation, in a sometimes disruptive environment
· Assist patients who contact the office
· Be able to deal with emotional and distressing circumstances
· Have worked in a clinical or medical setting supporting a Director or senior member of management
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.