An exciting new opportunity on the outskirts of Winchester, I am looking for 111 Call Handlers, working for South Central Ambulance. You must be able...
Exciting new opportunity on the outskirts of Winchester, I am looking for 999 Call Handlers to work for South Central Ambulance. This role is Temporary to Permanent, training for 6 weeks: 4 weeks of theory and 2 of practical. £8.01 P/H with enhanced pay for nights and weekends. The site is open 24/7, 365 days a year, so you will need to be flexible to cover a new rota every 4 weeks. This will include 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts, days, nights and weekends.
You will need to have great judgement and be able to use your initiative where required as you'll need to distinguish the severity of calls and provide appropriate support over the phone. This will include dispatching ambulances, providing first aid information, and passing on information to other appropriate services.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
· To prioritise calls efficiently and urgently.
· Ensure you are following the appropriate questions and recording the information from the patients accurately. Following all protocols and procedures
· Liaise with the police, fire service and ambulance personnel to ensure safety of all public.
· The ability to be able to identify the needs of callers in stressful and difficult situations. Dealing with highly emotional and at times verbally aggressive callers.
· Ability to prioritise and multitask during intense details.
· To maintain confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act.
You must possess the following:
· NVQ 2/3 Customer Services - or equivalent demonstrable experience · Fast accurate typing skills · GCSE English and Maths at C Grade or above. Desirable:
· Call centre experience
· Complaint handling experience
· Geographical knowledge of the area
· Good data entry skills
If this role is of interest to you please apply online or contact Emily on 01962 841827 for more information.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.